Whether you are wanting to expand you business or you are looking to replace a contract that is due to expire, it is important to invest some time in selling your security services. These tips will help market your security services:
1. Set aside some time each week to make sales calls - taking 30-45 minutes each week to make sales calls on prospective clients will increase your marketability. Understand that for every 100 calls you make, only one may provide results. Calls that are met with "I don't need security right now" could turn in to a contract in the future.
2. Update your web pages - it is important that your web page is updated periodically, at least once every four months, to let the major search engines now your business is alive and well. Publish accomplishments of your business. Consider providing brief news stories about your services, accomplishments of your employees and continued training that you implement to keep your officers up-to-date. Don't have a web page? Get one!
3. Be active in your community - make sure that your business is represented in local events. Start with the Chamber of Commerce, and look for opportunities to give back to your community by volunteering to help with community services. This will promote your business in the community and let people know you care.
4. Publish a Public Service Announcement in your local paper - this is another good method for becoming known in the community. Consider placing a public service announcement providing residential security tips, or other helpful tips.
5. Improve your public speaking skills - spend some time practicing a 30 second "elevator" speech about your company. Teach it to your supervisors so they are prepared if asked about your company. Taking a few hours to write a brief overview then ensuring your employees know and understand it will increase your marketing activities exponentially.
Be creative in your marketing strategies and always think of ways to market you firm.
Member of the Guardstar Academy Staff. All Guardstar Academy staff are experienced law enforcement, security professionals and/or private investigators.